Using PLC?

UUCC mwatts at facility.cs.utah.edu
Sat Jan 17 23:27:12 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Tregacorp <Tregacorp at aol.com>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Friday, January 16, 1998 12:22 PM
Subject: Using PLC?

>I am interested in using a PLC to control a fuel injection system, anyone
>currently attempting this project, and is it feasible?  I have seen someone
>using a pc, but would like to use a low cost plc.
>
>Kevin

I'm about to make an honest attempt at using an USB (Universal
Serial Bus) microcontroller manufactured by Cypress Semiconductor.
It may turn out to have insufficient resources to do the job, but hey,
for a buck a part I can't lose much sleep over it if it doesn't work out.

My prototype that I coded for a laptop PC proved to me where the
critical spots are and how much resolution is needed to do a good
job.  Hopefully timing doesn't leave me DIW.  I'll likely have to throw
some hardware at the problem since the uC may have a rough time
with simultaneous events.  We'll see...

I'll let you know more as things develop if anyone is interested.

Matt Watts
University of Utah
Formula SAE Racing