FI controller

Andrew McKenzie andmaca at tig.com.au
Tue Jan 20 00:15:40 GMT 1998

Hi all,
        I have a few questions on my EFI conversion. I have a Rover V8 that
I'm going to convert from carbs to EFI. I have a late model plenum off an
1988 Range Rover 3.5L. My question is do any cheap programable efi
controllers exist?. I visited Haltech personally and the said there F-9
system is perfect for the job. The down side is that the price of AUS$1500 +
seting up on a dyno is way out of reach. I can use the factory Lucas L
injection components but i'm told there very unreliable (AFM S\h AUS$500 and
ECU S\h AUS$500). I don't need ignition control as the electronic hall
effect distributor works great. Surely a low cost EFi controller is
available? Any help would be appreciated. Also someone locally is using An
AC-DELCO MAP system off a 1989 onwards Holden 5.0L V8, with reprogramed a
EPROM ,mounted on a Rover V8 with good results. Is the DELCO system tunable
and suitable for performance work? I'm also interested in building a 5.0L
Rover V8 Stroker motor for dual fuel (EFI and LPG) use, any suggestions?. TIA.
Andrew McKenzie <andmaca at tig.com.au>
Sydney, Australia
1980(?) Rover 3500 S V8 Series 1 5 Speed Hybrid Series 1 Update
Phone 61 (2) 9528-8899