72 Stang to EFI conversion

Tim Raymond tcraymond at email.msn.com
Wed Jan 28 04:45:06 GMT 1998

>Oh Yeah!!  You'll need the oxygen sensor in the exhaust.  Very important
>to closed loop operation and saving your pocket book from melting down
>catalytic converters.
>
>The power steering pressure switch could be eliminated, but you might
>want this with power steering.
>
>E-mail me if you have any specific questions
>
>Scott
I have a couple of questions. Do I need the cats or can I ditch those. I
have no emmisions tests to pass and as far as I know NY has no emmissions
requirements for earlier cars. I'm planning on removing thermactor air. I
think I'll keep the EGR. It wont hurt, but I don't think I have the vacumn
regulator or solenoid or whatever it is. I can't find very clear info on the
manuals I have. Where is the BAP mounted, I may or may not have that. I am
also missing O2 sensors. I assume any junkyard O2 sensors will work. I'm not
quite sure what to do about exhaust. Currently the car is stock '72 single
exhaust. The '90 has headers. Third and final big problem is fuel delivery.
Probably an inline pump, but I'll have to add a return line. I presently
have the engine mostly disassembled so any mods here are easy. As soon as it
warms up around here I can get to the car and find out more. Well, thanks
for any help. It is going to be badly needed