VL Turbo Commodore ECCS

Christian Hack e9329002 at student.uq.edu.au
Wed Jan 28 13:11:32 GMT 1998

Howdy,

I realise this is a probably an majority American group which would
only include Australian Commodores from VL Walkinshaw and VN onwards,
but does anyone have any info on the Nissan ECCS found in 6 cylinder
VL Commodores.

All I know currently is that the system is based around the Motorola
MC6802 processor (actually it's a Hitachi HD6802). Specifically I would
like information about the Turbo & Automatic computer although the
naturally aspirated version would suffice for most of the time.
Apparently it is based on the Bosch Motronic system.

Currently, I'm not really willing to desolder my ROM (128k x 8 I think)
to disassemble since VL Turbo Auto engine computers are pretty
expensive.

BTW: For the Americans, the engine is a Nissan 3.0 litre inline 6,
with the Nissan code RB30ET. The naturally aspirated version (RB30E
also appeared in the Australian Skyline)

I have the Electronics Australia article (about August 96 I think)
which really only describes the fault diagnosis of the system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Replies to the group _or_ by email are fine.

Thanks
Christian Hack