72 Stang to EFI conversion

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Thu Jan 29 00:23:16 GMT 1998

>enviromental controls.  He had the 468 big block Pontiac running in the
>low 11's through catalytic convertor's and passing mid 80's enviromental
>standards for new cars.

Me, I see no reason for high performance, with emmissions compliance.
Especially since the testing is done at idle... that leaves a lot of
flexibility (true, not as much as a 196x car with _no_ emissions), and for
my mid-engine vehicle, that's why I didn't mind taking a shot with a 1986
Buick V6 - looking at the GN/GNX/TTA guys, they pull 11's regularly with
cats, so its doable.  Plus, if my project weighs less... about 1000 less...
thats even more opportunity for high performance through a cat.

That's one of the major reasons why I like the idea of "DIYEFI" more and
more... you can program your ECM to perform several ways if you put the
effort into it... legal street emissions with reasonable performance, and
high performance on the track.  Dual purpose in every can.

>And he was running a Holley carb.

Kewl :)  BTW, I had a 66 GTO in High School :)  Convertible :)  One of my
favorite cars :)

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport, CT 06606
http://www.xephic.dynip.com/