air pumps

bruce plecan nacelp at bright.net
Thu Jan 29 00:59:47 GMT 1998

ref: Carl Summers   7730 Air Pump
Last material I had was that during warm up the air pumps
"air" was injected at the exhaust manifolds to help with
"afterburning" the rich cold start mixture, this was to quicken
the heating of the O2 sensor.  Once "warm" (coolant temp)
the ecm would switch the air valve so that the air pump
discharge was diverted to the center section of a monolithic
converter, or upstream on a pellet type converter.
  With the O2 cold there would be no "readable difference"
in O2v..  When warm it would be downstream, again no
O2 difference.
  The only connection my diagram shows is F2 for grounding the
air select solenoid, so I'd venture a quess of 200 ohm resistor to
12v would solve that.   Might double check the OEM solenoid's
tend to be 90 ohm.   Generally doubling the resistance has worked
for me, on other items, to turn off diagnostics when code not
available.
  Any one else's input?.
HTH Bruce            Flu season warning: cone shaped hats
                              do not resist virus or bacterial transferrs