Subaru & OBD2 ???

Alexander Wenning wenning.motorsport at t-online.de
Thu Jan 29 09:51:00 GMT 1998

Ron & Cathy Webb schrieb:
> I think the address you want is  Subaru (Japanese) . It is in
> japanese, but there are pictures, binary dumps, and even a
> Mitsubishi MELPS 7700 (the microcontroller used) disassembler.
> Concentrate a while, and a lot can be deciphered.
>
> There are demo tools for this uC available on the net (Assembler,
> C compiler, and simulator I've found)
>
> What do you mean by "do the electronics" ? If you get down to the
> level of attacking the hardware configuration of the ECU, or
> reprogramming, we can talk further...

Thank you for your information.

I have to get performance out of the electronics of the standard 2.0l engine and afterwards
I have to fit the ignition and injection maps to an aftermarket supercharger.

Do you know where the maps are stored? Does the processor use an internal or an external
Rom? I´ve already ordered the data sheet for this processor. It shouldn´t be a problem to
read the maps from an internal rom. As the ECU is programable by obd2-interface I think
there´s an external flash memory inside. I have not seen the car yet. Do you know which
eprom there´s inside?

Can you give me the japanese web-address from subaru? I couldn´t find it. Thank you.

Regards

Alex.