72 Stang to EFI conversion

Joe Boucher BoucherJC at lmtas.lmco.com
Thu Jan 29 15:48:51 GMT 1998

> Depending on
> the fuel line already in the car, you may need to use high pressure fuel
> line for the feed side.  Normal rubber fuel hose doesn't hold up to
> 40psi+ very well.

Don't worry, you WILL have to replace the rubber fuel hose.  There is
more than one standard for this line but use fuel line manufactured to
SAE J 30R9 standard. It will have that stamped on the hose. And use this
type on the return line also.  I don't know about the other standard
I've seen.  Just make sure it has a working pressure of 100 psi.

Use that hose type with two clamps on each connection with the clamp
screws 180 degrees from each other.  You'll have no worries, mate.

Joe Boucher
'70 RS/SS Camaro  '81 TBI Suburban