drag race carolla update kinda long?

bruce plecan nacelp at bright.net
Thu Jan 29 18:09:16 GMT 1998

Ref the 148:
I couldn't find any self diagnostic mention for TCC,
engine fan, IAC, or Purge Soleniod.
Not having a load for the IAC might put it in a tail
spin, cause it will try to control the idle.  On some
"custom" applications excessive hunting for idle
speed happens.  On the GN TTA throttle body
the IAC, screws into a "adapter" that bolts to the
manifold.  the has channels that bypass the
butterfly.  The ECM will try to move the timing, and
mixture around to prevent stalls, in addtion to IAC.
  If your car has a distributor I'd look first at the 749,
if DIS then I'd look at the 148, and figure out what
signal conditioning might be needed if it uses other
than hall effect switches, for the DIS.
  The 148 has a location for injector sizing, and
would imagine the same for the 749.
  The 749 program at SYTY ya gotta have win95,
and JAVA.  If someone knows of a 3.1 version
somewhere I'd like to know (SYTY members, don't
know of one, either).
  HTH  Bruce     Still looking for 90-92 F-Body (V-8)
                          bin files.