ISO 9141

Land Shark lndshrk at xmission.com
Thu Jan 29 18:24:00 GMT 1998

At 09:34 AM 1/29/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Hey all,
>
>Is 9141 just a different electrical standard, or do the message formats differ? If so, where (and I'm prepared to pay for it) do I get the details. I already have HS-3000 from SAE but I can't find the details of 9141 on either their web site or ISO.

 Umm ISO standard 9141 is most certainly available from the American National Standards Institute.. ANSI..

 If you are trying to do OBD-II stuff over ISO-9141, the product already exists and is cheap..

 ISO-9141 and 9141/2 (aka 9141/CARB) are merely the base protocols for communication.. from there one of any one of
 a number of "Keyword Protocols" developed by the OEM's are used.. and they are proprietary..

 Only the basic OBD-II stuff is "standard" and "available"

 Jim C.