sequential efi on 440?

Scott Shotton stucky at interaccess.com
Fri Jan 30 01:59:05 GMT 1998

Mike Williams wrote:

> I'm building a chrysler 440 for in my 4x4 picup and would like to use
> sequential efi. I sent mail to Electromotive and Felpro. Have'nt heard
> from them yet. Right now I'm triing to decide on the cam. Called Comp
> cams for advice, they said most mutiport efi makers don't recommend a
> cam 220 degrees duration @0.050. Is this right and why?  P.S. Most of
> the material in this group is over my head but I'm learning. Thanks to
> you all...Mike

A couple of sites to check would be Holley.com, edelbrock.com,
force-efi.com    I found a bunch with search engines and a little
patience.

A cam with too much duration does not produce adiquate vacuum at idle.
The MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor will read low vac. at Idle
(thinking there is a load on the engine) and increase injector pulse
width.  Basically dump fuel @ idle.  That is the main reason I know.  If
you find out another, let me know.

Just an Idea:  if the 440 has the same intake bolt pattern as a
currently fuel injected mopar (I don't know) you may be able to
fabricate your own custom system with mopar and aftermarket parts.  It
would probably be expensive, but might be worth the effort.

Scott