sequential efi on 440?

bruce plecan nacelp at bright.net
Fri Jan 30 04:27:44 GMT 1998

Ref the idea of a stored vac..  Tried that with a series of
restrictors to the map, and then with fixed volume dampners
and restrictors, to no avail (spent lots of time, and effort)
then tried a series of TPS steps with voltage dividers
to tamper with the map signal.  Even with V steps as little
as .07v of tps, drivability was notchy.  IMHO the ECM looks
for a increase of O2 v when it momentarily richens mixture,
if it doesn't see this then it starts hunting with timing.   It's
real easy to wind up with an errattic idle.  If someone has
all the answers about what the ecm is doing at idle I'd love
to hear it.  It is a real balancing act of timing mixture, and
IAC.  It also has some sort of stall antisapator(?), so that
if it thinks the engine is going to stall it takes measures to
prevent that.
The above is just what I've noticed, with a 747 ecm, and
big cam.
HTH  Bruce     Where would we be without cone shaped
                        hats?.