scantool

mccabet at mediaone.net mccabet at mediaone.net
Fri Jan 30 04:28:52 GMT 1998

> > I wrote scan tool program three years ago based on J1979 it looks like carcomp since
> uses tabbed folders. Interface was also based on SAE schematic.  Have
> ISO 9141 and VPW.   ISO 9141 is just 10.4 Kb rs232 so can probably
> connect straight to computer.
>  I did get some sample connectors from DELPHI, the last I heard, they
> only sell a complete connector  about $50.00 ?  Some spade connectors
> will work
>  Alex

Alex,
	I am trying to build my own version of an onboard scantool for my
chrysler products.  Would you be interested in sharing any code?  I am
primarily interested in talking to the diagnostic port.

Thanks!

--
Thomas McCabe
-mccabet at mediaone.net
'80 Cordoba, 340, Auto (904) w/ shift kit & 6500 Rpm shift points, 3.23
SG
'83 Cordoba, 318, Auto
'85 D250, 340, Auto
'87 Lebaron, 2.2L Turbo I, Auto
'89 Lebaron GTC, 2.2L Turbo II, A-555 5 Speed, MPSBEC
'96 Dakota SLT Club Cab, Brilliant Blue, 5.2L, Auto, 3.55 SG,
    Gibson Cat-Back Exhaust, ARE A-234 15x7 rims w/ Dunlop GT Qualifiers
    255R60-15, Molded running boards and flares, Lund bug shield, Cool
    Fronts, Ventvisors, and Extang Saber Tonno cover.