cyberdyne speed calibration box

Clare Snyder snyder at huron.net
Fri Jan 30 05:06:24 GMT 1998

Paul Tholey wrote:

> >The 4000 pulse system takes the reluctor and coil ac signal and converts
> >it to a pulsed or on/off 12 volt DC signal.  One of the sparkies here
> >said $20 at Rat Shack could buy enough parts to make a circuit to do
> >that.  But he didn't offer to help.  With forty teeth, that would mean
> >40 peaks every turn of the tranny output shaft. Right?  Getting from
> >there to an on/off signal is beyond me.
> >
> >Joe Boucher
> >'70 RS/SS Camaro  '81 TBI Suburban
>
> All I know is that Street and Performance S-P at juno.com  say that they make
> the adapters.  From the sound of it, it is probably at a reasonable price too.
>
> Paul Tholey
Should be a relatively simple flip-flop circuit to convert 4000 to 2000.

use something like a 7474 - signal into the c, d tied to not Q, and
output off Q. output changes every time input goes positive, giving
devide by 2 square wave.
--
                               _/\_
                    Reply to Clare at snyder.on.ca
                                OR
Remove the R from clsnyder in my E-Mail Address to reply. Stop the
spammers!!!
It's hard to soar like an eagle when your stuck with a bunch of
Turkeys!!!