sequential efi on 440?

Joe Boucher BoucherJC at lmtas.lmco.com
Fri Jan 30 15:45:36 GMT 1998

> Idea:
>
> if a vacuum switch that diverted a vacuum source to two different
> locations under two different conditions:
>
> 1.  MAP could recieve manifold vac info off idle.
> 2.  the vacuum source to the MAP could be diverted to a vac. canister.
>     The vac canister could build vac during driving and hold vac with
>     check valves.  This way 18" could be applied to the MAP at idle.
>
> in theory...  eliminating the rich idle problem.
>
> (maybe way out there, but I thought I'd share it anyway)
>
> Scott

Another mechanical mind in an ocean of sparkies and software types!
(I'd use the word geek, but I'll need these guys help at sometime and I
don't want to piss them off.)  I'm trying to develop a circuit that will
feed the ecu the correct map sensor circuit, but it's for GM's.  Ford
uses a varing frequency signal and maybe also Chrysler.  That's beyond
me.  See if you can find out how the Chrysler map works.

The, no more than 220 duration @ .050 lift rule is for Chevy small
blocks or similar displacement.  A larger engine can handle more
duration and idle decently.  220 duration @ .050 in a 2.0 liter 4 banger
wouldn't idle at all. You could probably stretch the big block duration
to 230 or maybe 235.  (Do you feel lucky, PUNK?)  I wonder how forgiving
the Chrysler fuel injection systems are?

Joe Boucher
'70 RS/SS Camaro  '81 TBI Suburban
Bedford, TX