ECM ID

bruce plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sat Jan 31 04:30:14 GMT 1998

Personnally I haven't seen a 16------ used prior to 91.
But, that isn't to say they weren't.  If you have then that's
a new one.  There are some Body Control Modules used
starting also in this era (that are 16------).
  The little I played with them, I really grew to dislike them
almost instantly.  At the time I didn't have internet access,
and they just loved to throw codes.
  On one cop car TBI it looked for a MAP difference for
EGR apply.  It would set a code for the fuel pump 2
sec prime cycle, may have been for F/P v during crank.
Played marry hell with 4066's and voltage dividers, and
scr's for killing the codes.  Managed good MPG, and
was forgiving for getting the MPG, lackluster purpormance
thou.
HTH Bruce      Old fart with Cone Shaped Hat, and still
a kid,  (well body permitting).  At least when making new
mistakes