Northstar equipment

Pete Datcuk pdatcuk at snip.net
Fri Jul 3 15:00:45 GMT 1998

  From talking to people that have done the swaps, the computers to use are
'93-'94.  They apparently don't miss the other black boxes.  I have the
service manuals for the '95 Caddys, and the boxes use a single wire UART
line between them all.  And from what I have read in the manuals, nothing
good will happen if a box is missing.  And on top of that, the instrument
panel is the network controller, not the PCM.

Pete Datcuk
Mechanical Engineer
Sewell, NJ
'87 Fiero, some day to be Northstar'ed :-)
Quite a few credits away from that cone shaped hat....