a/c r134-r12

mrvette mrvette at bellsouth.net
Sat Jul 4 13:55:08 GMT 1998

> > Op-Amp --> 555 timer)
> >
> Mat,
> since I had a sleepless night (a dumb a** put R134 into my R12 a/c
> and did at least $800 worth of damage..) I have been working on a 555
> circuit.

the adding of r134 nto an r12 system should not, in and of itself cause any
damage,  it just wont work very well,  unless it is run like that and the r134
will not pick up the ref. oil to oil the compresser...that is the only way it
could happen to cause the compresser to self destruct internally....can't
imagine anyone running the system that long...

Oh well, wonder how that happened?  fellow doing the work used a set of homemade
adapters?  otherwise the fittings on hoses wouldn't fit....

changeovers are easy to do BTW...GENE