a/c r134-r12 (long)

Shannen Durphey Shannen at mcn.net
Sun Jul 5 14:30:13 GMT 1998

Mike Morrin wrote:

> At 10:39 4/07/98 -0600, shannen wrote:
> >
> >I start with 80%of the original refrigerant charge, and use outlet
> temperature
> >and clutch cycling frequency to adjust the final charge up or down from
> there.
> >
> Can you elaborate on this a little?
>
> TIA
>
> Mike

  80% charge is not fixed, it's only a starting point.  I've had to remove
refrigerant to get the best performance in some systems.  Also, if I'm doing
a retrofit on a cool day, I use the frequency of the compressor clutch
cycling as a guide. (the clutch will cycle on a cool day, even when set to
"max"}  Too rapid cycling can burn out the clutch.  Coldest duct outlet
temps and least clutch cycling (if it is) is the goal.
Shannen