a/c r134-r12 (long)

Shannen Durphey Shannen at mcn.net
Sun Jul 5 14:51:59 GMT 1998

John Zarli wrote:

> Shannen,
> One of the by-products of the zz3/tbi swap was having to redo the AC system to
> R134. New comp, new accum. new filter/valve. This Astro has a dual AC.  I'm only
> getting marginal performance & the condenser seems to throw off major amounts of
> heat....any idea what may be wrong?  I've seen mention of having to add a second
> condenser.......would it go in series with the existing??

   What kind of pressures are you seeing?  What are the outlet temps?   Are there
any points where frost builds up on the lines?  If you've added an inline filter,
did you end up with two orifice tubes?  Does performance seem better when the
vehicle is moving?  How about if the rear unit is disconnected?  Lotsa stuff to
guess at here.

I've never had to install a second condenser.  I would   _guess_ your condensers
would go in parallel.
However, since there are R-134 systems in dual a/c astrovans from the factory, I
would look there first to find my parts.

Probably should take this off list.  Not quite EFI related.

Shannen