Fw: Turbo sizing

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sun Jul 5 18:32:17 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Shannen Durphey <Shannen at mcn.net>
Subject: Turbo sizing

>1 How are turbos sized?  CFM?  Desired HP output of the engine?
>2 Can anyone direct me to a web page or other resource which will
>help me pick correct turbo sizes?

Allied Signal-Garrett have sites.

>3 Anyone with efi to efi turbo conversion experience willing to
>share what it took?

Did a EFI Fiat X1/9 once, was spectacular.  Was back in like 80/81.
Blew lots of head gaskets getting it right.  Used a Bosch ecm, and
wasn't very friendly.
  Mind sharing what you're tinking about.
First consideration is basic engine design.  4 head bolts around
combustion chamber, not too much fun, 5 better, 6 best.
My pals 436 IH has 6, and we run 60 PSI of boost on it (diesel).

The electronics for making it trick if bought retail, get expensive.

>TIA
>Shannen

Bruce