Accel DFI Systems

rbraun at mail.enter.net rbraun at mail.enter.net
Mon Jul 6 12:45:01 GMT 1998

The TTS software is rather limited in what you can do, at least the
$250 version. for $160 Calmap will let you do anything, including
melt the engine!  A GM box does more and has dianogstics which is a
plus, If I can figure out the 730 box I'll play with that on my '91.
If you don't have the time to fiqure out the GM box an Accel is nice
and easy to get up and running.

> Personally I find most magazine info. no better than a news bullentin.
> They get free demos to evaluate, and then sell the results in the
> magazines.  So they wind up with as few guys as they can get away with
> paying as little as possible to write about products, that they want to
> continue to get free stuff from.  Sound like the info might be tainted?.
>     IMHO, spending these amounts of money, is kinda throwing money
> away.  If you want to tune a EFI, get a gm box, some TTS software,
> a burner/eraser and have at it.
Randy Braun
'77 C-10 pick-up, DFI-Tuned Port, 350
'82 Firebird, DFI, ZZ3