[admin] copyright protected software

steve ravet steve at sun4c409.imes.com
Wed Jul 8 18:10:18 GMT 1998

Walter Petermann wrote:

>  John,
>  is this about the file add.fuel.inj.zip ? Sorry about that, it was me.
>  Someone asked me to upload it for them since they were having trouble
>  with the ftp. Since there was a lot of interest, in the 'excitement'
>  of the moment, copyright problems didn't even cross my mind!
>  Will watch out for that in the future.
>
>   regards,
>   Walter Petermann

This particular episode was about a file called "ecutoone.zip" or
something like that.  It's from an Australian FI tuning company.  The
guy is all bent out of shape over it.  Didn't stop him from stealing the
cutaway injector image off the main DIY_EFI page to use on his price
sheet, though.  Anyway, again I'll say let's not be uploading
copyrighted software to the ftp site.  Walter, check on the file you
uploaded to see what it's copyright status is.  If it shouldn't be there
let John know so he can delete it.

over and out,
--steve

--