off-topic: NC as ECU?

Sandy sganz at wgn.net
Tue Jul 14 22:48:57 GMT 1998

Boy, I would like to get a hold of the NC's, since they run java, they
would be a cool demo machine to show the Java product off on. I think they
have a 1.1 Complient JDK/Browser, and that would be a cool X-Platform demo.
Any contacts still at IBM that may be able to get a demo machine? Or
otherwise cheep deal on one and its related software? I did Comdex last
november as an IBM partner, and talked with the folks at the NC computing
group, and they seemed to think that it would not be a problem, just need
to find the right contact point. They had lots of cool varients, nice black
keyboards, cool touch panels all running of the NC's.  Which models are
available, the NC100, NC300, or was the NC1000 the one that was the barn
burner?

Sandy

At 02:33 PM 7/14/98 -0700, you wrote:
>On Jul 14, 13:52, Rei wrote:
>
>> I was working for IBM on this stuff when it came out; it was
>> VERY cool at the time, still is.
>
>Hey,
>
>Didn't know you were with IBM.
>
>I've got three of those model 100 NC's here and having a blast with them. Any
>other creatinve things we could use them for (instead of cool looking
X-Terms).