Jake Lindeke jlindeke at bsfh.org
Tue Jul 14 23:08:19 GMT 1998

I am currently working on this kind of system for my car. but i am making
my own system out of the biscut PC parts that we have talked about a few
months ago (someone made a car mp3 player out of them.) It is intel powered
and i am planning on running BeOS. i am using laptop hardrives and 5" LCD
monitor. and the computer will be mounted into a large Car sterio amp case.

> I was at Comdex
> for anyone that wants to develop a home based FI system I found what
> I think is the ultimate setaup
>
> Corel is releasing a computer that has the following features
>
> runs from 12v DC
> 275 Mhz Armstrong RISC processor
> 2 ethernet ports
> 3 comm ports
> built in modem
> built in vid, i/o, parl, KB, mouse ports etc.
> Redhat Linux programmed into an EEPROM flash upgradable
> uses SO dimms to 256 MB
> uses laptop HDDs
> sells for $ 700 USD new from Corel
> is OEMable for manufacturers that want to include it in products
>
> this looks like the ticke for someone that wants to build an ECU and would
> like to simplify the construction process
>
> there should be infpo at corel.com
>
> Clive

--Jake Lindeke
--SOGI South-East Chapter Coordinator