knock detect using spark plug Ionisation current

steve ravet steve at sun4c409.imes.com
Wed Jul 15 17:45:16 GMT 1998

Georg Faustmann wrote:

> Is there any collective knowledge on measuring ionisation current through
> spark plugs. I am beginning to do some research on suitable high voltage
> diodes (~30kV) to isolate the coil from the biasing voltage, and wonder if
> I am trying something that somebody else has found a solution to.
>
> Georg

A project called ION began on this list to investigate exactly that.  if
you search in the article archives for " ion"  (no quotes but do type
the leading space) you'll come up with a lot of posts, including one
that lists a bunch of Saab patents.  Also some very good descriptions of
how the system works.

--steve

--
Steve Ravet