Fw: Burners Erasers Late breaking news

Drew Skinner drews at texas.net
Wed Jul 15 19:15:18 GMT 1998

At 12:20 AM 7/15/98 -0500, you wrote:
>> mess around with? I couldn't find one in ftp. FWIW, it's a 5.7L Camaro
>>

>If you had seen an eraser you would know why they are different devices.
>Eproms are erased by using UV light, so the eraser is a UV light of the
>proper frequency and a timer to properly erase the eprom.

Wow, cool, this is all very new to me. Thanks for the info.

>On other notes, most (all?) of the custom tuners seem to start with
>the prom you are running in the car right now.  There are several
>numbers on the prom in your car, and with one of those numbers your
>can get a copy of your original prom from GM for about $40.

Yeah seems logical, I just can't go tinkering with this stuff on  my car
without having at least a pretty good idea of what i'm doing. It's my daily
driver.  I'm glad to know that I can get another PROM assembly though. I
bought an aftermarket PROM and it altered the personality of the car in a
very bad way so it's been shipped back and I'll put the money into my own
equipment.

>What year of 5.7L camaro is it?  I have a 93 Z28 (350/5.7L LT1)

It's an '89 Iroc-Z. :) Has anyone here figured out how to modify (DIY
style) the '94+ ECM with the flash memory instead of a PROM? Just curious....

Thanks.
Drew