Monitoring Software for 7730

Jason Weir jweir at worldnet.att.net
Thu Jul 16 17:16:57 GMT 1998

andy quaas wrote:

> Does anyone have any or know of any LOW-COST ($100 or less) software
> that will allow me to monitor simple things like O2 voltage, MAP, and
> TPS?  I have a 1227730 ECM and i want to see what it is doing.  Diacom
>
> is neat and all, but is not in my price range.  I don't really need
> anything more than TPS, RPM, MAP, and O2.  Data logging would be nice,
>
> too.  Prolly just wishful thinking, but i thought i'd ask.  Thanks in
> advance!

I will give a stab at this,  I have been looking for the same thing
myself although for a different application, None of these hook to the
ALDL so you have to tap into each sensor for its signal.  I found the
following,  It is a monitoring/data logging device with software that
hooks to the printer port of any PC.  In a sense all it is is an analog
signal  monitoring system.  The problem is that there is 2 models the
first is a single channel and it is good from 0 to +5 volts input which
would work for TPS, MAP and O2 and with a converter RPM but its only a
single channel the other is 11 or 22 channel but its only good from 0 to
+2.5 volts input..

http://www.picotech.com/log.html

here are some other links that might help ya,

http://www.iotech.com/catalog/daq/catdk1.html     ------ looks a little
bit more pricey but more options

http://www.repairfaq.org/filipg/LINK/F_AD4PC.html#ADPC_002       ------
schematic and software code for the DIYer

check this stuff out and let me know what comes of it,  Jason

--
Jason Weir - 88 YJ - 258 / Howell TBI  145K and counting
Fayetteville, North Carolina
mailto:jweir at worldnet.att.net