MPSI serial connection...

Gregory A. Parmer gparmer at acesag.auburn.edu
Mon Jul 20 03:37:18 GMT 1998

Porpoise: log data from the scantool to
a PC file.

My MPSI scantool docs were self-contradicting
and I couldn't find a DB9 pinout, but I
managed to connect my PC to the MPSI. There
still is a problem with the GND connection
that required an extra wire for reliable
data.

          MPSI    DB9
(Front)     1 ---- 5 ----- (GND should not be required)
            2 ---- 3
            3 ---- 2
(Back)      4 ---- 4

As the injector guru, Mr Linder, pointed out to me,
this is of limited usefulness since it still only
displays 4 lines of data at a time. That'll get ya
TPS, MAP, RPM, and MPH though...which should allow
me to log the 4 values and create a fake set of
inputs for the bench system.  A creative soul
could also finagle the data from a "snapshot"
to get more data points. A ProComm macro would
make this less of a hassle.

BTW- I used ProComm+, N81, vt100, and HW flow cntrl.

Lemme know if you find what's wrong with the
GND connection,
-greg