Custom tuning

Mark Romans romans at pacbell.net
Mon Jul 20 04:00:17 GMT 1998

In the last week there were some posts about buying used tech1's on the Team
zr1 web page.  I'll check and let you know. New one's are about $1400.00 (I
think).  I'll check on that too>

BTW...  Just use rpm,  lv8 and spark vs tdc and knock retard and the math
actually works.  You can find where the ecm is looking at on the spark map,
subtract the deg removed due to knock (If any) and voila!  It's right where
it should be.  So I took the car out,  (On number 6 trip by now) out to the
top secret test area (Industrial blvd) and put the car in 4th, slow to about
700 rpm's, hit the ol space bar on the diacom and floor it!  All the way to
132 mph!,  Brake like hell so I don't die!  Damn road's rough!  Go home
transcribe data,  see what needs to be done to map and then test again!  I
just don't want to see the number of degrees of knock retard maxed out.
What is really interesting is the screwy lookin part of the map in the top
right,  well the car actually runs there at low rpm's and wot!  I have
pulled out spark there like crazy.  Also expanded the section of 20 deg
advance in the idle area and it idle's at 20 initial now!  Better all the
time!  And all this with the outside air temp at 109f,  if it doesn't knock
now it never will!  With ac off coolant temp would get down to about 199-206
deg range.

Let me know on the cd for peter when you want it and where.

Mark