Why bother with VSS Retrofit ?

Stuart Bunning stuart at kenelec.com.au
Thu Jul 23 09:02:31 GMT 1998

Hi All

According to a few posting's of late this is what the VSS is used for in a
DELCO system.

governs error check for EGR
governs TCC lockup
IAC control
decell derichment

Now I don't have a Torque converter that has a lockup solenoid in it and I
don't have EGR valve and I once the car is warmed up I don't reall need a
IAC anyway. As I won't be using DELCO friendly throttle bodies I may opt for
a BOSCH Aux Air bypass valve.

So this only leaves me with decell derichment.

Oh yeah my car has a Chrysler 904 auto tranny with a plastic gear and cable
that operates the mechanical speedo. I am from Australia we don't have
chrylsers anymore since Mitsubishi gobbled them up in 1980 So if there is
anyone out there is USA/CANADA anywhere using a 904 with a VSS I would like
to here from you.

Cheers

Stuart