upgrading 160 baud ALDL to 8192

Stuart Bunning stuart at kenelec.com.au
Thu Jul 23 09:30:10 GMT 1998

Hello all

I have a delco ECU it is a 1227808 ECU a Australian version of the 165.

It operates at only 160 baud ALDL but If It had a UART installed in it it
will operate at 8192. I will need the newer memcal but that is not a
problem. I have looked at the DELCO web site and it looks like I need a
Serial TRansmitter/REceiver IC (SXR) This is either a 28 pin PLCC or a 16
pin DIP. The uart is actually missing from the board and present in newer
ECU's that are basically the same but loaded with the extra components.

Does anyone know it there is a equivilemt part from motorolla etc. As a
company in australia craims they can upgrade the 160 baud ECU to 8192 for
about US$45. I can buy a whole ECU for next to nothing but the faster ECU's
which are exactly the same except for the uart are much more expensive.

**** PLEASE NOTE OUR NEW ADDRESS ****

Best Regards,

STUART BUNNING
SALES ENGINEER