force sensor...

JE Messler messler at streetrodframes.com
Fri Jul 24 00:11:22 GMT 1998

John Honnold wrote:

> Daniel:
>
>     Most dynamometers have a strain gauge built in.  How else could you
> measure torque on a water break dyno.?

How about mounting 12" arm on the water brake and connecting it to a
dynamometer lbs scale.  If the scale reads 200 lbs you have 200 ft lbs tq at
what ever rpm the dyno shaft is turning.  By the way, you can actually
calculate the hp with a slide rule too.  I've made hundreds and hundreds of
dyno runs on an old Henan Froyd set up this way.  Yes, I have gray hair and
wear bifocals.Jim Messler
http://www.streetrodframes.com