EGR Corrections

ECMnut at aol.com ECMnut at aol.com
Sun Jul 26 03:09:14 GMT 1998

In a message dated 7/25/98 10:30:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
nacelp at bright.net writes:

<< it seems like this one spark table is a correction for timing
 for egr and runs from idle to 100K/Pa, and up to 4,800 rpm, at 100
 K/Pa.
   Again this is gm specific, and is there anyone who'd care to
 comment?...... >>

Ayy Captain, you're always on the think...
The syphoon chip has code that suggests the egr can open under boost
conditions.  It never occured to me that the exhaust pressure could be opening
it from the other side.  Hmm...  Any harm in setting the "EGR enable temp"
really high, to make sure it is a non-issue, then blocking off the EGR?  You
have me worried that it may be blowing open when I'm already trying to fight
deto under higher (than factory) boost levels.
Nice cone!
Mike V.