EGR Corrections

TBK terryk at foothill.net
Sun Jul 26 04:15:36 GMT 1998

I know on my X-11 with a negative backpressure EGR, the test house has to
literally plug the exhaust pipes and rev the engine to confirm the EGR will
open. Signal to the controller and vacuum will not open it at idle or hi
revs without a load on the engine. He had me hold two shop towels in the
pipes and he reved the engine to 3000. Just as the rags were ready to burst
into flames (and scorch my hands), he let off and said 'She passes'.......
The backpressure in the exhaust is NEVER over 1.5 PSI (stock X11 exhaust
system). So just a little nudge must help it open. If I disconnect it, it is
ping-city at part throttle, so it is working.

I set the EGR enable temp hi to disable it.

TK