EGR Corrections

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sun Jul 26 12:26:17 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Zack <zubenubi at inetport.com>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Sunday, July 26, 1998 2:46 AM
Subject: Re: EGR Corrections

I'm confused, you're saying you think the EGR is opening under boost
and allowing exhaust gas to circulate round to the input when it
otherwise wouldn't, or the other way round (under boost the valve not
recirculating exhaust gas when it should)?

The question is wheither the valve is open at WOT.  If it is then it
almost has to be because of backpressure opening it.  Then the
question becomes, is, is it designed to do that, or from the exhaust
being less than optimum.   Either way the "table" appears to be
using an addition amount of advance.
  Might be really messing someone up if they think they are at 36d
and actually are at 42d BTDC
Cheers
Bruce

Zack

> Ayy Captain, you're always on the think...
>  Any harm in setting the "EGR enable temp"
> really high, to make sure it is a non-issue, then blocking off the EGR?
You