EGR Corrections

Terry thartman at gte.net
Sun Jul 26 14:06:49 GMT 1998

Bruce Plecan wrote:

> The question is wheither the valve is open at WOT.  If it is then it
> almost has to be because of backpressure opening it.

I think MikeV was thinking that the excess Boost pressure might
be opening the valve.  Which if it is - would be bleeding off
manifold pressure right out the exhaust.   Now on a N/A application,
it might indeed be excessive exhaust backpressure does force open
the EGR - hope not though...

>  Then the
> question becomes, is, is it designed to do that, or from the exhaust
> being less than optimum.   Either way the "table" appears to be
> using an addition amount of advance.
>   Might be really messing someone up if they think they are at 36d
> and actually are at 42d BTDC

So with a Diacom connected and recording - are you saying that it would
not show the requested timing?   This would indeed be a bad thing as that
would also imply that the data from the ECM diagnostics would be inaccurate....

thanks,

T.