Diacom plus on Pentium laptops

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Mon Jul 27 12:02:38 GMT 1998

-> A lot of  PC from the big manufacturers have non-standard parrallel
-> port set up which cause problems under Win95

 "Non-standard" is essentially meaningless with regard to PC parallel
ports.  The original IBM PC was available with either the
monochrome/printer card or the CGA and a separate printer card.
Unfortunately neither of them matched the schematics in the IBM Personal
Computer Technical Reference.  The ATs were different, but at least
matched the documentation, as have the *several* PS/2 ports and later
ISA machines' ports.

 Many, many vendors of both hardware and software have been bitten by
this, including Microsoft, who surely should have known better.

 Unfortunately, if Diacom won't run on your laptop, there's little you
can do other than toss it and buy another laptop.

==dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us======================================
I've got a secret / I've been hiding / under my skin / | Who are you?
my heart is human / my blood is boiling / my brain IBM |   who, who?