different ECM's or ECM differences?

Shannen Durphey Shannen at mcn.net
Mon Jul 27 13:19:30 GMT 1998

TBK wrote:

> I thought Vortec are CPI or SFI. That's a new one. Can't learn them all.
>
> "I thought I had make a mistake once, but I was wrong..."
You'd think Vortech would refer to the induction setup, but
when purchasing replacement engines from GM for the 4.3,
they often come in with vortech valve covers and heads.
I've looked at the heads (original engine and replacement)
side by side, and I don't know what the differences are.
But there are a few vehicles in our area with TBI and
"Vortech" engines.

It's ironic that my Vortech 350 heads are different than
older styles, but the valve covers aren't.  Thas's okay
though, I like camouflage.

Shannen