Pressure Regulator

Walter Petermann corsaro at brokersys.com
Tue Jul 28 15:30:02 GMT 1998

Mike,
these statements are incorrect:

"Now the injectors on a Ford open and close at one speed that never
 changes.

 So to get more fuel to the engine when the injectors are only opening
 and closing at a certain speed you have to change the amount of fuel
 pressure in the manifold (rod)."

I have a description of the Ford EEC-IV port fuel injection and
CFI throttle body injection*. Both change injector on time depending on
sensor inputs.

They only electronically adjustable pressure regulator I am aware of
is on the Bosch KE jetronic. It replaces the old 'warm up regulator'
and is controlled with very small currents ~ +/-10ma.

 Walter

*Chilton's guide to fuel injection and feedback carburetors