FW: Bigger injectors & AFM?

Francois Dion francois at hyperreal.org
Tue Jul 28 15:32:20 GMT 1998

Murphy, Thomas - One NY wrote:

>         My question is, I think I am running lean at WOT, and am wondering if bigger injectors are
> the way to go.  My idea is to get injectors from a similar motronic version, from the 3.5 liter M30 engine,
> and maybe the AFM also.  This would be prior to getting a custom chip.  Some folks have suggested
> a higher pressure fuel regulator, but other people say not.

How about a rising rate fuel regulator? A speed shop that deals with BMW will stock this.
You may even want to have the fuel rail fed by both end to be sure the cylinder at the
end of the line is not running lean, if you are that close to the limit.

Ciao,
Francois Dion (francois at hyperreal.org)
--
Member: FLU #1722, PCNA