Diacom plus on Pentium laptops

TBK terryk at foothill.net
Wed Jul 29 02:07:23 GMT 1998

The C3 uses either the CE lamp (12V) or Serial 160 output 5V. P4 8192 is 5V.
The Diacom cable buffers the signal, so output voltage is not the reason
they use the parallel port. It is the best way to simulate a software uart,
control the DIAG line modes and talk to three different hardware systems:

C3 CE lamp
C3 Serial 160
P4 Serial 160
P4 8192

Rinda crammed all of that into the circuit board in the cable.