cheap A/D Converter (was Re: Occilliscope)

Jason Weir jweir at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jul 29 02:40:09 GMT 1998

Roger Heflin wrote:

> If you want to do some electronics and a computer, you can get a cheap
>
> A/D convertor (ADC820 I believe), and wire it into the paralell port.
> You can do it without any extra circuitry except an external power
> supply to power the A/D.  The convertor is good for 600khz (good
> enough for auto use) and with a PC paralell port (on a 486 or so) you
> can get at least 20 khz or so out of it with quick basic.  If you
> use something more serious (C or Assembler) you can get closer to
> 100khz out if it.

Not sure if this is what your talking about but its a simple A/D
converter using the parallel port, check it out, probably cost about $10
at radio shack...I was interested in using it to log O2, TPS, VSS and
some other things but never got around to trying it yet, let me know
how, if anything turns out,  Jason

http://www.repairfaq.org/filipg/LINK/F_AD4PC.html

--
Jason Weir