cheap A/D Converter (was Re: Occilliscope)

Andrew W. Macfadyen am018 at post.almac.co.uk
Wed Jul 29 15:02:27 GMT 1998

I used the ADC0804 on mine worked pretty well, working through a hex buffer
(74LS244)   to enable the reading of 8 data bits through 4 input bits (on pins
10,12,13 and 15 on the printer port), a hex inverter (74LS04) connected to pin
1 of the  printer port to toggle the  handshake line to the inverter.
I then added a op-amp input stage (AD622N) for signal conditioning and a an
analogue switch to give software selectable inputs.
I used a compiled basic for the very crude software but I am trying the
sharware "Euphoria" language for a MK2 version..