Pressure Regulators

Clare Snyder clare.snyder.on.ca at ibm.net
Thu Jul 30 03:30:54 GMT 1998

Buchholz, Steven wrote:

> ... I'm catching up on some old digests, so apologies if this has already
> been covered ...
>
> > They only electronically adjustable pressure regulator I am aware of
> > is on the Bosch KE jetronic. It replaces the old 'warm up regulator'
> > and is controlled with very small currents ~ +/-10ma.

I think what is getting people mixed up is the FACT that certain 1998
and newer Fords, as well as some other vehicles, have basically
dispensed with pressure regulators per se, and use variable pump speed
to regulate fuel pressure. The pump runs off a PWM driver in the ECU.
This does NOT necessarily mean the pulse width is not also changed by
the ECU.

--
                               _/\_

                       ISP trouble again!!!
                I am now clare.snyder.on.ca at ibm.net
              Hopefully Snyder.on.ca will be back up soon

                           Clare Snyder
                         Waterloo, Ontario