Benching Ecms

Mike Dillon mdill at lsil.com
Thu Jul 30 14:54:46 GMT 1998

Hi Bruce,

 If the input resistance of the ecm map input is still much greater
 (10 times or so) of R1 + R2 then going to 10K + 50K sould be OK for
 a bench setup. But in the real world with lots of electical noise
 around (Under the hood) the signal to noise ratio of the 10K , 50K
 restistor set up will be lower, also transiant responce will be slower
 as the currnet will be lower but the capacitance of the wires and
 ecm input etc .. will be the same as the 1K 5K set up. (May not be significant
 as the ecm input is most likely low pass filtered anyway)

Mike D.