Goldstar Scopes....

Kurek, Larry LKurek at ocfexch2.ocf.anl.gov
Thu Jul 30 14:37:58 GMT 1998

Anybody have any opinion on these? I have been looking to pick up a used
scope for a few months now (Bruce...anything yet?), but haven't had much
luck. So....I've been researching new ones. I wanted a Techtronic, but
they are fairly pricey, so I am now looking at Goldstar units. Any
opinion on what Mhz is suitable for most automotive and home use? 20Mhz?
100? Anything else I should look for? Finally, Goldstar has a 20Mhz unit
available with a frequency generator (1Mhz), why would I want this, and
is it useful? I assume its purpose is to feed equipment with a test
signal for calibration...but is it worth it for $150 on a $500 scope?

TIA!

Larry Kurek
	Lkurek at anl.gov