flow bench using EFI parts?

Castrellon, Hector M hector.m.castrellon at intel.com
Fri Jul 31 15:36:04 GMT 1998

Mike,
I would not recommend a digital guage. THere's usually a lot of fast changes

that occur during their use on a manifold that would make it's use clumsy.
FOr
the money you would spend ( it has to be able to do square root extractions
),
how about an analog pressue guage rather than a manometer. Dwyer Instruments
(
http://www.dwyer-inst.com/ ) has a catalog with a great section in the very
back
that will give an insight on air flow measurements including equations. See
if
you can get a catalog or at least the section on air flow.
Hector

Hey gang,
 one of the recent posts got me thinking about
the possibility of using a Mass Airflow Sensor as a measuring device
for a flow bench.  Positively the worst part of building a flowbench, is the

big, clunky manomometer.  How "small" of an airflow amount can a MAF sensor
detect?
Would they detect air flow that occurs when an exhaust valve is
only 100 thousanths off the seat?
What is the smallest engine that has a MAF sensor?
Calibrating it should be interesting...
It would be great to throw away the traditional manomometer.
Instead of a column of water, you could get a digital readout !.
Uhhh..er.. has this been done for 20 years and I wasn't aware of it?
Thanks,
Mike V.
Rip VanWinkle