Twin ECM Systems

Espen Hilde mwichstr at online.no
Wed Jul 1 01:06:19 GMT 1998

Thanks for sharing your expiriance with us!            Sorry for the long
winded message, but I wanted to share some of the>
> failures with ya, and hopefully you would avoid them.  I still believe
> lying to the ECM is the cheapest, easiest way of getting a high power
> engine through emissions, just with a little lying to the ECM.
> e for efi solution,anyone?----------

I have been thinking along the same lines the last days.I am planning to
uppgrade my Maserati v6 2.5l biturbo projekt .I t has a Electro motive tec1
Efi with "super"  software.320ccm bosch injectors.The engine is oddfier.So
am using a v12 system with half of the coil outputs grounded.One ignition
trigger
for each cyl bank. I can not have bigger injectors if I want the engine to
idle smothly, if I raise the fuel pressure or use bigger injectors the
engine starts occilating.If I try to fine tune the "itot "(dam shit)
walue(a constant that could be simular to the idle jet in a carb) I can
chose from 1.4%co  or 3.5%co. I can try to
put in small increaces but it makes one jump at a point.The engine gives
260hp
at 4600rpm  44kg torque at 3500rpm with 1bar boost.. I am aiming for
350-400hp.I have to make new exhaust manifolds and new turboes.I have
tought of using two maf systems like you have tried.GM ecus? I tought of
using two compleate systems from a 200hp v6 engine , with two injectors in
each runner.(If the size of the injector is adjusted by an increase in
lift,then  two small injectors
must be faster than one big?)I think the Electro motive system is not very
user frendly(the "super" software)The car is so fast at the current ,its
impossible to
adjust on the road.I belive in the Zytec efi systems for turboes but it is
expensive.you can use trottle possition at low rpm and map at boost,it is
sequential and can fier twin injector set up.It have possibility of
lovering the ign.advance under acceleration. Any advice for Efi solution
any one?
When back pressure is higher than boost you dont need sequential efi
anymore...maybe you have a nice solution?
                   > My fantasy V6 for my mid-engine car would be a
twin-turbo'd weber-like
> configuration with long runners :)
                       Same fantasy!: Mine is F1 car with 4.2l Audi v8
engine and transmision, with biturbo and street legal.....Must be the
ultimate toy....:-)
Tuning with ram pipes gives you 10% increase in cyl filling at the aimed
target.
Why bother when you have turbo? (you can aim for tuning the pipes to give
you
some more torque before the turboes start to work!)(faster spool up?)
Espen Hilde
 (maybe I could get some  english spell check?)
Dam hat,I cant remember putting it on......strange.......