Coils for Ion

Walter Petermann corsaro at brokersys.com
Mon Jun 1 22:33:45 GMT 1998

garfield at pilgrimhouse.com wrote:

> So, instead of tryna find an ordinary singleFire coil with independant
> pri's & sec's, let's segue to asking if anyone knows of a decent
> twin-tower coil that has some suitable connectors. Basically anything
> better than slots for spade terminals in the underbelly, like the GM
> ones.
>
> Now, for preferences, it should have MALE HV tower terminals (ya know,
> like spark plug ends), cuz I'd wanna SOLDER a connection to one of em,
> instead of use ordinary wire with a HV connector, and then pot that end.
> And that's not as easy if the towers are "sockets". But even this isn't
> a biggie.
>
> Then on the connector end, NO preferences other than NOT an
> embedded/potted female spade, like them GM gizmos. (Nuthin wrong with
> them when they're mounted on their module bases, but in this case we
> ain't got no plastic molded base, and I'd just as soon not have to make
> one, not to mention the seals to hermeticize the connection. I could
> glue them on, but I don't like the idea of glueing in place a friction
> connector.

Well, guess what I had in the trunk of my Dodge...

A Mitsubushi coil
Part# MD126461
Also has this number H4T00172

Dual twin tower coils (if I understand correctly what that
means..)
on a common 'armature'. Female HV connectors and thread/nut
primary
connections.

Measuring resistances....
Primary: 1 ohm
Secondary: 12.7K (between two towers.
Open circuit between primary and secondary.

I don't remamber what model Mits. it came from, except that
it was
a very small 4cyl turbo.

 Walt